STATEMENT OF FAITH
Welcome to Destination Church & Ministries
At Destination Church and Ministries we take our faith very serious. Our beliefs are grounded in our “Statement of Faith”
- We believe in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament as being verbally inspired and completely inerrant in the original writings and of supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We Believe that Jesus Christ was begotten of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary and is true God and true man. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who repent and believe in Him are justified on the grounds of His shed blood.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death which is separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature.
- We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord; in His ascension into heaven and His present life for us as our High Priest and Advocate. We believe in “that Blessed Hope” the personal, pre-millennial and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in two ordinances for the church: Water Baptism by emersion as necessary in identifying with Christ in His death, burial, and resurrection. Communion to be done in remembrance of Christ’s atoning work till He returns.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling and empowerment the Christian is enabled to live a Godly life, be a witness of Christ and through Him the Spiritual Gifts or enabling power are operational in the Church today.
- We believe that biblical marriage is a provision of God whereby one naturally born man and one naturally born woman enter into a lifelong relationship to the exclusion of all others.
- We believe in the Church, the body of Christ and Christ who is the head. Each Believer, born of the Spirit, is an integral part of the general assembly, whose names are written in heaven.
[A condensed version of the Tenets and Doctrine of Faith as found in the By-Laws of DCM]